East Mountain Chamber of Commerce
Board Meeting—October 12, 2007
- Call to Order: The monthly board meeting of the East Mountain Chamber of Commerce was called to order by President Bill Walters at 9 a.m. at Burger Boy.
- Board Members Present: Ellen Ashcraft, Jeffrie Burdette, Wayne Clay, Rohnn Sanderson and Bill Walters
- Others in Attendance: Julie Albright
- Approval of Minutes: Minutes for the September general meeting were approved via email, with Jeff motioning, and Wayne seconding; all approved. Jeff motioned the approval of the September board minutes. Rohnn seconded and all approved.
- Treasurer’s Report— The Chamber has $2,260.47 in the operating account and $5,150 in the golf tournament account, for a total of $7,410.88. The golf tournament transactions are not yet finalized. Jeff is getting numbers from the area newspapers to determine an advertising budget for the new year. The Chamber will propose and consider a partnership proposal with the newspapers.
- Old Business:
- Julie will contact Lt. Nazario re: speaking at the January meeting.
- The Chamber finally has high-speed Internet connection.
- Mary Black is not interested in a partnership to take care of balancing the Chamber’s books. Julie took the Quick Books classes and will do more of that. She says it will take about an hour or so to reconcile, so that’s all the time the Chamber would need to pay an accountant.
- Ellen still has not been able to reach Susan Walker regarding the possibility of piggybacking a blood drive on Breakfast with Santa. Jeff said he will talk with Susan and Ellen should move forward by contacting United Blood Services.
- New Business:
Adjournment: There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 10 a.m
- The Chamber will hand out candy at Los Vecinos on Halloween.
- Halloween costumes were taken to Los Vecinos and shared with the other community centers and with East Mountain Friends for Families.
- At the next board meeting, the board will review the membership brochure in preparation for the new year.
- Ellen will prepare and send a press release welcoming new members for the third quarter of the year.
- Wayne will check cost for plaques for members who wish to have them in their businesses. The Chamber would make them available to order and be paid for by the members. Everyone will get decals as part of their memberships.
- Rohnn is looking into a plaque for Sue Wilson Befort with a date of dedication of the Visitor Center. The Chamber is considering an installation event to recognize her.
Ellen K. Ashcraft, Secretary