East Mountain Chamber of Commerce
July 2, 2009
Meeting was called to order at 11:50 am.
Present: Bill Walters, Betty Miller, Peggy Moeller-Mead, Jeff Burdette, Deea Emmons, Julie Albright and Ellen Ashcraft
Absent: Loretta Olson
Agenda Item I. Treasurers Report- Betty Miller
The East Mountain Chamber bank account currently has $4143.48. Betty Miller provided a check registry to the attending members.
Agenda Item II. Executive Board Report – Golf Committee continues to meet regarding the Tri-Chamber Golf Tournament. Chamber members are encouraged to play, advertise, sponsor a hole - $150.00, buy a banner for $500.00, and sponsor a team of four $1000.00, a team of two $500.00.
Agenda Item III. Current Member- Sam’s Club
Connie prepared a Sam’s packet for Chamber members and asked members to fill out a shopping list so that Sam’s could prepare a cost comparison. Connie addressed the many services beyond shopping at the store. She asked if our local Chamber is a member of the US Chamber of Commerce. The East Mountain Chamber is not. Connie suggested that we join. Connie will check to see if Sam’s can donate a basket for the 50/50 East Mountain Chamber drawing.
Agenda Item IV. New member Presentation- None
Agenda Item V. Guest Speaker - None
President Bill Walters
Addressed the members present asking how could the East Mountain Chamber make the membership more valuable?
Responses; Programs for actual leads and referrals for mu business, get actively involved in the Chamber and activities, less speakers more networking, Chamber staffed Monday through Friday, Tri-Chamber Trade Fair two times per year, more involvement with the three Chambers, fun events for the members to attend together (rail & dinner, ball game, casino nights, skiing, etc, welcome packet for new businesses and residents, rally NMDOT to include Rte 66 signage as well as Hwy 333 as Route 66 has many fan clubs and should be exposed more, use the invitation from Compass Bank to have a Friday afternoon Chamber Booths, reduce the membership rate for home based businesses, welcome goodie bags for new members, use white board or signup sheet, as a member volunteer to do something, have directory for new residents and businesses, Board members call members to volunteer, place a signup sheet on the website, Tri-Chamber affiliate memberships $90.00 Edgewood, Moriarty, Mountainair, attend the other Chambers’ events.
August 6th, 2009 Senator Sue Beffort will be presented with a plaque from the East Mountain Chamber at our meeting. Senator Beffort procured the monies for our Chamber building. The Chamber continues to communicate with the Village regarding the Chamber building regarding the Chamber having last rights of refusal.
Old Business/ New Business
- PJ Animal Care is the Member of the Month
- 50/50 & Basket Drawing
- ABQ Magazine Drawing – Contractor Exam
- August 5th Isotopes tickets are available first come first served.
- July 10th, 2009 at 8:00am Open House for the Adult Literacy program.
- Need to place Golf Tournament flyers in our local store fronts.
- July 19, 2009 from 2p-4pm Studio 14 is having a Bon Voyage for Perry.
- Dr. Quicks two year anniversary celebration is Thursday July 9, 2009 from 430p – 630pm
Meeting adjourned at 12:45pm
East Mountain Chamber of Commerce
Board Meeting Minutes
July 2, 2009
Meeting was called to order at 1:04pm by President Bill Walters.
Present: Bill Walters, Betty Miller, Julie Albright, Ellen Ashcroft, Deea Emmons, Jeff Burdette, Peggy Moeller-Mead.
Absent: Loretta Olson
Agenda Item I. Secretaries Report, Deea Emmons
- General Meeting Minutes of June 4, 2009 and Board Minutes of June 4, 2009 - Motion via email to approve the minutes by Loretta Olson, seconded by Betty Miller, All are in favor, Motion carried.
Agenda Item II. Treasure’s Report- Financial Review, Betty Miller
- As of June 30, 2009 East Mountain Chamber of Commerce has $4143.48 in checking account.
Agenda Item III. Committee Reports
- Golf Tournament- committee is mailing past golfers a registration form with a deposit committee. Edgewood is holding previous year’s business signs.
Agenda Item IV. Speakers
August – Sue Beffort
September – Col. Stevens or David Seagart, GCC
October – Zia Hospice
November – Turquoise Trail Preservation Trust
December – No meeting Christmas Party (Moriarty to Host?)
Old Business/New Business
- Credit Card Processing Fee – Jeff Burdette would like to see the Chamber cancel the credit card processing services to our members as it is too costly.
Motion by Jeff Burdette to move forward in cancelling the credit card processing for the East Mountain Chamber of Commerce, Seconded by Deea Emmons with the amendment of gathering member reactions through the next two meetings, as of October the credit card processing service would no longer be available. 2 Nays- Betty Miller and Peggy Moeller-Mead, Yeas Bill Walters, Deea Emmons, Jeff Burdette. Motion carried.
- Jeff Burdette would to see a year to date check register from the Chamber Treasurer.
- We need a doubling of our current Chamber funds to make it through year 2009.
- Deea Emmons and Jeff Burdette will work on a Welcome Packet, such as a member list, 1 liner bio from each member, etc.
- Next lunch will be provided by East mountain Grill
- Add business anniversary date to member application form.
- Two to Three meetings per year that are networking events.
- Cut speaker times for member meeting.
- Board members should be at the door thanking the members for coming.
- Vote on By-Laws next member meeting.
- Ellen will need any info for the Chamber Voice by July 15, 2009. She will include the ball game tickets in the “Voice” Kelley Krauth uses Edgewood’s space for the Run, rally, Rock. Please remember we have a free Chamber Booth and you can purchase a booth for $50.00.
- As of July 1, 2009 Chamber membership is $60.00. Discussed taking photos at our member meetings and activities for the “Voice”.
- Incorporate rolling membership for 2010.
- Elections for the Chamber Board will be in November, send flyers out.
- Website should list the Board members and committee directors.
Motion by Jeff Burdette, Seconded by Peggy Moeller-Mead that the East Mountain Chamber change fee structure for Chamber membership to a rolling 12 month membership and provide new members from July 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009 the option of the $60.00 membership or purchasing a rolling 12 month membership. All are in favor the Motion carried.
- Board would like clarification of Susan Walker’s expenses regarding breakfast with Santa 2008. This year we would need a signed confirmed donation form for the food, entertainment, decorations, etc. Thinking of the 1st or 2nd Saturday in December 2009 at Los Vecinos. Ask Sandia Storage is they would be interested in an in kind membership so that the Chamber can store the Santa decorations.
Motion by Jeff Burdette, Seconded by Peggy Moeller- Mead to adjourn, all are in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 2:10pm.