East Mountain Chamber of Commerce
General Meeting Minutes
December 2, 2010
President Jeff Burdette called the meeting to order at 11:45.
2010 Board Members present were:
Jeff Burdette, Peggy Moeller-Mead, Carolyn Hocke, Paul Mendoza, Susan Walker. Deea Emmons was absent.
2011 Board Members were introduced:
President: Suzy Clay
Vice President: Peggy Moeller-Mead
Secretary Linda Eaglefeather
Treasurer: Bob Brittain
Members-at-Large: Deea Emmons, Paul Mendoza, David Saegart
Treasurer’s Report: A report was provided for the last three (3) months. Ending balances follow:
September 2010: $2786.41
October 2010: $1828.96
November 2010: $1570.46
Executive Report: Outgoing President, Jeff Burdette provided his final assessment of 2010. Highlights of his remarks included:
- Attended and participated in the Village of Tijeras Council meetings throughout the year and worked successfully to improve relations with the Village leadership.
- Hosted Congressman Heinrich on his first visit to the East Mountains
- Expressed his concern that the Chamber needs to continue being vigilant in getting our name out to the public.
- Disappointed our membership did not grow as much as he would have liked.
- Participated in the N-14 sector planning process and provided input.
Jeff thanked everyone for their support during 2010 and will work with the new Board to ensure a smooth transition.
Current Member Presentation: None
New Member Presentation: None
Guest Speaker: Sandia Peak Ski Area
An update was provided on the status of the ski area. There has been maintenance of the entire facility, especially focusing on the chair lifts. Target date to open is December 18, 2010. Good news for this year is no increase in prices – a prices freeze from last year. Ski and Ride Fund Raiser for Breast Cancer will be held Feb 11, 2011.
New and Old Business:
- Final preparation for the December 4th BREAKFAST with SANTA is underway. Paul Mendoza gave a status report and requested help from various Chamber members. The addition of the Silent Auction is expected to be a big success.
- Peggy Moeller-Mead reminded everyone to attend the Holiday Mixer on December 9th from 5:30-7:30pm at the Village of Tijeras Bldg.
Drawing for the Member of the Month: Baker Utility Supply
Announcements: Board meeting will follow today’s lunch meeting. “All help for the Breakfast with Santa is greatly appreciated.”
Meeting Adjourned at 1:00pm.
Respectfully submitted by Linda M Eaglefeather