East Mountain Chamber of Commerce
General Meeting Minutes
April 7, 2011
President Suzy Clay called the meeting to order at 11:45am at the Wells Fargo Bank Conference Room, Wells Fargo Tijeras Branch. Tijeras facility is under construction.
Board Members present were: Suzy Clay, Peggy Moeller-Mead, Bob Brittain, Linda Eaglefeather, Deea Emmons. Absent were Paul Mendoza and David Saegart.
New Member Presentation: Tina Bagon, owner of Kids Hardware shared with us that after seeing her sons struggle to pull-on shoes, she designed a shoe horn just for children’s small feet. It helps foster independence and relieves a child’s frustration. Her company is fast expanding and she now offers fundraising for schools, with 40% going to the school. In addition Tina shared with us that a portion of all proceeds go to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund in memory of L/Cpl Jeromy West. Contact Tina through her website at www.kidshardwarekompany.com, or 505-228-6058.
Current Member Presentation: Patricia Bernardez a long-time distributor for Shaklee Wellness gave us an update on products from the company. She has been active distributor for over 18 years. A key prescription for a healthy life is the use of nutritional supplements. As part of her presentation she explained about the supplement Vitalizer and also the new weight management program Shaklee.
Guest Speaker: Loretta Tollefson representing the Salt Mission Trail Scenic Byway Project updated the EMCC on the status of 117 mile loop. Established in 1998 it will provide many opportunities for visitors to stop at historical locations along the Byway. A grant from the Federal Highway Administration has given the project new life and they plan to re-establish the Byway organization by January 2012.
1. Spring Fling. Susan Walker gave an update of the success of this event and announced the awards and certificates that were presented to members during the event. Suzy Clay thanked Susan Walker and Linda Eaglefeather for making the event a big success. After expenses, approximately $300 was made on the event.
2. The BeeHive Homes grand opening is April 8th at 11am. Please attend to support this new business.
3. Due to construction at the EMCC Tijeras building there will be no coverage for April.
1. Suzy Clay thanked Wells Fargo for allowing us to use their facility. She also indicated we may need to look for a larger location because of the success of our monthly meeting. The EMCC Board will keep members posted.
2. Suzy Clay gave a special thank you to Burger Boy for the excellent lunch.
3. Easter Egg Hunt at the Vista Grande CC will be April 17, 2-4pm.
4. CERT provided an update. They train for disaster events and help the first responders. Training is scheduled for Sept 9-11.
5. East Mountain Celebration will be at the Vista Grande CC on May 1st. This is a great way to promote your business.
Treasurer’s Report: Bob Brittain, Treasurer reported that the ending balance for March 2011 was $8,148.79.
Chamber Voice: Elaine Ashcraft reminded members that April 18th is the deadline to send her information for the April 28th issue of the Telegraph’s Chamber Voice.
Drawing for Member of the Month: April 2011 Member of the Month is Associated Mountain Realtors, congratulations.
Respectfully submitted by Linda M Eaglefeather, Secretary