East Mountain Chamber
March 3, 2016 General Meeting
Minutes by Tamne Robinson, Secretary
12:46 A.M. Thursday, 3 March 2016 meeting called to order by President Nancy Carpenter.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited and all members asked to silence cell phones.
Member introductions or members present at meeting:
Nancy Carpenter, Automated Systems Inc, Chamber President
Bob Brittian, Creative Concepts, Member at Large
Bert Almy, Almy and Associates, Member at Large
Kara Shug, Remax Pros, Past Chamber V.P.
George Jasielski, Appliance Service of New Mexico,
Member Dan & Candice Bell – EM Shopper, New Member
Bob Jones, Sandia Mountain Lions Club, Chamber Treasurer
Ashlea Allen, Trail Rider Pizza, Member
Bill Herman, Hollywick (alpaca) Farms LLC, Past Treasurer
Tito Madrid, Bern. Co. Commissioners Office
John Helmich, EM interagency Fire Protection Association
Beverly Trujillo, KXNM 88.7 FM Radio, New Member
Paul Rothberg, East Mountain Directory, Member
Geri Jones, Sandia Mountain Lions Club, Member
Julie Albright, Administrative Assistant
Effie Medford, New Mexico Medical Center, Member
Betty Miller, Sandia Lions Club, Member
John Jones, Entranosa Water, Member
Mike Lucero, eastmountaincontractor.com
Tamne Robinson, One Stop Office, Secretary
Ashlee Allen – From Trail Rider Pizza spoke about the outreach efforts of her 9 year old son Jayden, who has been making sack lunches and hygiene kits to pass out to the homeless on the street corners of Albuquerque. He has received local and national recognition, as well as donations from both local and national sources. Mayor Gloria Chaves has deemed February 16t Jayden Allen Day for the village of Tijeras.
Dan and Candice Bell spoke about the East Mountain Shopper mailer. “We are here to promote the community!” Dan
was a camp director in San Diego. His brother Bill, who runs Camp Oro Quay on the back side of South Mountain,
convinced him to come to New Mexico. He decided to start the East Mountain Shopper. The East Mountain shopper is not a marketing agency, its job is to promote your business in our community.
Camp Oro Quay is having a car show fund raiser to help raise money for kids to go to camp. It will be in Walmart’s
parking Lot in Edgewood on June 19th, 2016.
Review of the bylaws and vote: Members present asked that each bylaw be reviewed – The areas highlighted were
- Article 1 – the name and location was kept as is.
- Article 2 – mission statement was changed from “quantity” to “quality”
- Article 3 – Membership added and /or defined corporate membership, partner membership, advanced membership, regular membership, non-profit and charter membership. Partner membership is an in kind membership that assists in promoting the Chamber partnership with advertising in order to grow the chamber. In turn the Chamber promotes them at all events as a partner. This membership is to be a written contract. Non – profit needs further defining of membership and dues. Members asked that each be defined better as to what each level entails and what each level gets for their membership. John Jones, Entranosa water had a very specific idea of how they should be written – Board asked him to write up and define each membership and email to Nancy Carpenter.
- Article 4 – Meeting of the members – changed from 10 days to seven days notice for special meetings. Chamber is working on different ways to communicate through different methods so that everyone is notified. Nancy has been calling KKOB on Fridays to promote Chamber and Chamber events – Chamber board is trying to set up other ways to promote through media.
- Article 5: Officers -0 meeting agenda with the administrator. Under The Board of Directors – “ronde view” was changed to “events”
- Article 7 – Committees – “Community’s” to “Committees” and Chamber “Seal” to Chamber “Logo”
Corporate Membership $500 Silver and $1000 Gold
- Article 10 – 10 days to 7 days special meetings or notifications. Page 3 Roberts Rules of Order.
1 free lunch monthly – an employee can come for lunch.
Banner with their name
Website promotion of their Logo
Promotion on events they sponsor
Recognized in the Email blasts
(In drawing for Members of the Month)
Partner (INKIND) – Advertise as partners at all events and on web.
Advanced - $200.00
Logo promoted on website – link to own website
1 time per month blast email advertising
Not promoted at events unless they directly sponsored the event
( In drawing for Member of the Month)
Regular Member - $150.00
Basic get email blast
Listed in the directory but not advertised
(Participate in member of the month0
New Member presentations
Bios – all levels
All members can get promotions of their events
And all members get window stickers
John Jones will work up chamber membership descriptions and chamber will address again later.
Job Duties - update duties and address later
Bob Jones – Bill Herman is continuing to help Bob learn quick books See treasurer’s report for expenses and income.
MAGS event – Shorty’s BBQ will donate food and Sierra Blanca will donate non-alcoholic drinks for the event
Promoting through Media
Member events will be sponsored by Chamber also
Events need to be added to website calendar
Hyperlink needs to be fixed – it is not showing events on calendar
Chamber plans to communicate and work with Mountainair Chamber
The members of the month are: Los Vecinos community Center, Sandia Ranger Station and The Kniffen Team.
New Resident packets:
Please bring your coupons, menus, flyers and business cards to ONE STOP OFFICE need 100 to start with. The
Deadline is May 1st, 2016.
Entranosa Water won the door prize
Tito Madrid - with Bernalillo County announced Business summit on marketing outside New Mexico
April 30th 2016 8-2:30 pm – Nativo Lodge 4 sessions and they repeat. $5.00 per person. County is working on
Will have an East Mountain Celebration September 25th 2016
Water Fair (testing) James McGrain Sheriff Substation April 8-9 8-12 pm
Green waste – at the transfer station – Free April 2nd through the 17th
County wants to expand the Lunch program and is looking for 2 more sites in the east mountains to expand to.
Please contact county if you have a site recommendation. Right now it is at Los Vecinos, Vista Grande and Chilili.
Meeting adjourned at 12:56 PM per Nancy Carpenter
Respectfully Submitted: Tamne Robinson, East Mountain Chamber Secretary