Letter from the President
Dear Friends and Members,
We are looking forward to a great turnout at our upcoming February Luncheon Meeting on 2/2/17 at 11:30, which will be held in Moriarty at Mags Indoor Shooting Range. David Tixier, owner of Mags and a Member of our Board of Directors, will be speaking. A tour of the facility will be available as well, and we thank all at Mags for hosting us.
We will also have a presentation by guest speaker Jalayne Wineland of Staffing Solutions to discuss how to find temporary and temp to hire employees, as well as other vital information regarding the job market.
Lunch will be provided by our newest Member, Pizza 9 in Moriarty. We wish to welcome them to the East Mountain Chamber of Commerce family. Remember to contact Gail at 281-1999 for if you have any food restrictions.
As of the first of the year, we have concentrated not only on growing our Membership, but on forming Committees to help facilitate community outreach, including event planning and a social media presence.
We have always stressed the importance of your participation as a Member of the East Mountain Chamber of Commerce. We all have busy lives, especially as business owners, but an investment of as little as an hour or two per month makes a huge difference, and will provide a great return in opportunities to brainstorm, network, and give each of our members a greater foothold in the East Mountains. Please contact Gail, our Executive Director, to get involved. We will be reaching out individually as well to request your input.
Below is a checklist of education, networking, promotions, referrals and event opportunities that the East Mountain Chamber provides to its membership. You are not maximizing your membership if you are not participating in all opportunities. Together we can do more than individually.
- · Participate in First Thursday Luncheons to Learn and Network.
- · Participate in educational workshops, seminars, business mixers and ribbon cutting ceremonies.
- · Participate in events so you can increase the community’s awareness of your business.
- · Present and Promote your Business to the East Mountain Business Community.
- · Read monthly newsletter with events and useful announcements to keep your business in the know.
- · Post and communicate on www.EastMountainChamber.com website.
- · Advertise in East Mountain Newsletter.
- · Advertise in Membership Packets.
- · Advertise in Residential Packets.
- · Advertise in Searchable East Mountain Chamber Directory.
- · Advertise in East Mountain Chamber Ads.
- · Advertise your Events and Ground Breaking Announcements in East Mountain Chamber Calendar website and affiliated advertising with East Mountain Living, Biz Buzz with The Independent, social media, etc.
- · Advanced Member Advertising on the East Mountain Chamber website Banner.
- · Advanced Member Monthly E-mail Blast to East Mountain Chamber friends and members.
As always, we look forward to seeing you all on our First Thursday lunch meetings, and to working with you to make a difference for your business, the economic climate throughout the East Mountains, and to achieve our mutual goals of enjoying a cohesive, prosperous and exciting place to live, work and play.
Nancy Carpenter, President
East Mountain Chamber of Commerce